Friday, April 27, 2012

Recovery Week a/k/a Withdrawal

If I ever doubted that one can be addicted to exercise, I doubt no longer.   While I welcomed this recovery week on Monday (well, sort of, since I was doing the past week's long run that day - I'm not sure if a 2:15 run then timed swim qualifies as an "easy" day), by today I've been chomping at the bit to get back to it.

Tuesday was a 1/2 hour indoor spin, since the weather was icky out.  Not even enough to get a decent sweat on. (Not that I was allowed to go too hard anyway).  Wednesday was an easy jog over to a lecture at Yarden's school for the 1/2 hour prescribed for that day.  Thursday, the timed hour bike, and now today.  It's supposed to be a dinky 1600 meter swim.  I probably won't get to a pool today, as pool time is limited but I'm thinking that it might be a perfect opportunity for some yoga.  Oh, wait, no.  I have a massage scheduled for 6, to work on my overly rested muscles.   So that means I'll pull out the TRX and get some strength in.  And maybe do some handstands at work.  And maybe run up and down the stairs.  All I know is that I'm really looking forward to a really meaty week next week.

I guess that's part of the purpose of recovery.

No comments: